A power salad made with a variety of foods, including protein ingredients, vegetables, fruits, and nuts.
It covers nutrients that tend to be lacking, such as vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber, in one dish with “super-easy” ingredients that your body will enjoy! In the season when the lingering heat is severe, you can refresh and replenish your nutrition.
Pointers from Rie
- “Magowa Yasashii” is a Japanese Magic Word for a Healthy Diet and play on words to make it easier to remember Japanese foods that tend to be in short supply in modern times. Ma=beans, Go=sesame seeds (including nuts), Wa=wakame (seaweed), Ya=vegetables, Sa=fish (seafood), Shi=shiitake (mushrooms), and I=potatoes.
- Rub the chicken breast with olive oil and then warm in the microwave on low (150-200W. If you don’t have this setting, use the defrost mode.) to keep them moist and tender without losing moisture. Adjust the warming time depending on the thickness.
- Choose from seasonal ingredients such as vegetables, pears, and grapes. Warm vegetables such as green beans and broccoli also go well.
Ingredients (for 4 people)
|Chicken breast||1 (250g)|
|small sweet potato||1 (100g)|
|Lemon juice||1 teaspoon|
|Red leaf lettuce (150g)||4-6 pieces|
Nutritional value (for 1 person)
|Salt equivalent amount||2.1g|
- Poke several holes in the chicken breast with a fork, place it in a heat-proof container, and rub it in with a). Let stand for about 10 minutes, then cover with plastic wrap and warm in a 200W microwave (low) for 5 minutes. Take it out and turn it over, then cover it with plastic wrap and warm it up for another 5 minutes to remove the coarse warmth.
- After thawing the peeled shrimp and mixed beans, quickly boil them in warm water and drain in a colander.
- After washing the sweet potatoes, wrap them in kitchen paper while still wet, then wrap them in plastic wrap and warm in a 600W microwave for 3 to 4 minutes (warming time will vary depending on the thickness, so aim for a bamboo skewer to pass through easily).
- Rehydrate the cut wakame with water and squeeze out the water. Slice the mushrooms into thin slices and sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent discoloration. Cut the apple into cubes with the skin on, soak in salted water and drain. Tear the red leaf lettuce, cut the almonds in half, and cut the chicken breast and sweet potato into 1cm cubes.
- Put b) into a bowl and mix.
- Spread the lettuce on a plate and arrange the toppings in a colorful arrangement. When eating, add Step 5, mix thoroughly, and set aside.
MOA natural foods products used
Chicken first breast (frozen) / Salt Umikko / Peeled shrimp (frozen) / Mixed beans boiled (frozen) / Organic lemon juice / Kyotan rice koji miso / Zuiun pure rice vinegar mellow / Honey
Green Market Online Shop