Essential nutrients for maintaining bone health are Vitamin D in Kinoko Mushrooms and Calcium in Chirimenjako.
Japanese-style Marinade with Kinoko Mushrooms and Chirimenjako (Dried Young Sardine)
Pointers from Rie
- You can enjoy your favorite mushrooms such as Maitake and/or Eringi (King Oyster) mushrooms.
- To bring out the salt and umami from the chirimenjako and umeboshi (pickled plums), boil them before adding the seasonings.
- Once boiled, close the lid tightly and store in the refrigerator for 4 days. It is also recommended for lunch boxes.
Ingredients (1 bottle for 4 people)
|Enoki mushroom||1/2 bag (100g)|
|Shimeji mushroom||1 bag (200g)|
|Umeboshi (pickled plums)||2|
|ｂ）Dark soy sauce
Mirin cooking wine
Nutritional value (for 1 person)
- Cut off stones from enoki, shimeji and shiitake mushrooms. Cut the enoki mushrooms into two equal parts, and then loosen the shimeji mushrooms. For shiitake mushrooms, separate the umbrella from the shaft and slice it into thin slices. Remove the umeboshi seed and chop the umeboshi into small pieces.
- Put 1. and a) in a pan, cover and heat over medium heat. Steam until the mushrooms are tender and moist.
- Add chirimenjako and dried plums to 2. and mix; cover and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Add b), mix, boil, turn off the heat, and remove from the heat with the lid on. Transfer to a container and store it in the refrigerator for about half a day, and let it absorb the flavor for more taste.
MOA Products Used
Chirimen / Organic sun-dried umeboshi (Shiso-zuke) / Zuiun soy sauce Koikuchi / Zuiun Junmai vinegar mellow
Green Market online shop