The freshness of the scent from the Shiso (perilla) matches the seasonal horse mackerel. Bake crispy with rice flour + grated cheese garment.
Healthy tofu mayonnaise dipping sauce made from soft tofu has a texture close to that of a regular dip. It adds richness to the dish, so it goes well with vegetables and/or fish. Serve with hot just grilled horse mackerel.
Pointers from Rie
- Let’s remove the small bones of the horse mackerel. Trace the fillet with your finger and pull out the bones that hit you by hand.
- When wrapping shiso, add a small amount of a) to make it easier to stick.
- Bake it in a little more oil for a crispy finish.
- Tofu mayonnaise dipping sauce gradually becomes moist over time. It is recommended that you make as much as you eat each time and finish eating by the next day.
- If you make tofu mayonnaise from soft tofu, it will have a richer taste. In that case, use a hand blender to make the mouth feel smooth.
Ingredients (for 4 people)
(3 fillet pieces)
(4 with tail pieces)
|Black pepper||A little||a) Rice flour
|b) Grated cheese
|Canola oil||4-5 tablespoons|
|Baby leaf||1 pack|
|Soft tofu||1/2 (150g)|
|c) Olive oil|
Ground sesame white
Nutritional value (for 1 person)
- Cut the shiso in half. Cut the petit tomatoes into 1/4 slices. Wash baby leaf and keep it dry.
- Make tofu mayonnaise. Warm the soft tofu in a microwave oven for 1 minute, wrap it in kitchen paper, and drain it.
- Put 2 in a bowl and mix well with a whisk until it becomes a paste. After adding c) and mixing, cool in the refrigerator.
- Mix a) and b) in separate vessels.
- For horse mackerel, wipe off the water on the surface with kitchen paper and insert a knife diagonally to divide it into two equal parts. Season with salt and black pepper and wrap with 1 shiso.
- Put canola oil in a frying pan and warm. After passing 5 through a) of 4, attach b) to both sides and slowly fry on medium heat until both sides are browned.
- Place baby leaf, petit tomatoes, and drained 6 in a bowl and add 3.
MOA natural foods used
Umikko salt / organic black pepper / powder rice / rapeseed oil / Soft Tofu / Zuiun pure rice vinegar maroyaka / tea sugar
Green Market online shop