Pointers from Rie
- By using lemon juice, the color of the avocado will remain green.
- It is recommended to add soy sauce right before eating because the soy sauce will make the bonito harden.
- The refreshing scent of Japanese parsley unifies the umami from the bonito, the richness from the avocado, and the sourness from the plum.
Ingredients [4 people]
|Bonito [sashimi grade]||200ｇ|
|Lemon juice||small amount|
|Mitsuba (Japanese parsley)||４|
Dark soy sauce
- Cut the bonito into cubes (1 cm).
- After taking out the seed, remove the flesh of the avocado, cut it into cubes (1 cm) and add lemon juice.
- Chop the Japanese parsley into small pieces.
- After taking out the seed of the plum, smash the plum.
- Mix the plum and a) in a bowl.
- Mix 1) and 2) into 5) and sprinkle 3). It is OK to add this mixture on top of rice, wrapped in seaweed, or anything else to your liking.
MOA Products Used
Organic lemon juice, organic sun dried plums [pickled shiso], Zuiun dark soy sauce, sesame oil.
This recipe was published in the magazine “Paradise” No. 79 (Spring 2020).