Pointers from Rie
- Do not add more than 2 tablespoons of hot water into the caramel and watch the density as you add the hot water.
- When heating up the milk, be cautious of not boiling because the egg will harden.
- Be careful when boiling the pudding sauce because it will bubble.
Ingredients [5 pudding cups]
- Spread a little amount of butter on the insides of the pudding cup.
- Put a) in a small pot and put on medium heat. Shake the pot as it heats up and turn off the heat once it has a brown color. Shake the pot and add hot water little by little to spread the caramel.
- Pour 2) equally into 1), then put it in the refrigerator to cool.
- Peel the sweet potato and slice it into rounds of 1 cm.
- Put 4) in a frying pan and pour in enough water to cover 4) and put the lid on. Steam it on medium heat until a toothpick is able to easily go through 4).
- Without wrapping the milk, heat it in a microwave at 600W for 1 minute-1 minute 30 seconds.
- Put in 5), 6), b) into a blender after draining the water and blend until it is smooth.
- Pour 7) equally into 3) and cover with aluminum foil.
- Line up 8) in a frying pan and pour hot water halfway into the pudding cups, cover it and put it on medium heat. Once it boils, quickly put it on low heat for 10 minutes. After turning off the heat, let the remaining heat cook for 10 minutes before taking them out and once they cool down, put it in the refrigerator to cool.
- Put a toothpick in between the pudding and the cup and go around it. Place a plate on top of the cup and flip it over to get the pudding out.
MOA Products Used
Tea sugar, MOA delicious milk (low heat sterilization), free-range fertilized eggs.
This recipe was published in the magazine “Paradise” No. 81 (Autumn 2020).